11 February 2010

Snowbound

Yep, that's my little car, buried in the snow. That path you see? Yeah, I forged that at 6:30 this morning with only my legs and determination, fueled by coffee. That phallic-looking thing in the foreground is the support post for a wild rose plant outside my bedroom window. The plant always had a tendency to lean, but I'm afraid it's never coming back from this.

I was going to do the right thing, dig out my car and go to work. Unfortunately, my parking lot hasn't been plowed yet, so the 8" of clearance my car has isn't quite up to the foot of snow in the parking lot. I obviously managed to clean off my car, but I didn't have a lot of success with the shoveling. There's just no fucking place to put it.





This next picture is the view from my living room window and the wall of snow blocking the usual access to the lot.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all about days off from work, but I have to use personal time if I want a normal paycheck. Also, there's some small part of me that feels super guilty for not making more of an effort to break free of my snow restraints. But I really don't want to get trapped somewhere on the road, or have someone slide into me, or for me to slide into someone, etc. In order to quiet that stupid little voice, I'll probably scrub the hell out of my bathroom. I've already cleaned the kitchen. I will say this: if the plow comes through soon, I will re-dig out and go in for a half day. Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment