28 August 2008

A Hunting I Will Go...

For the last week or so, I have been making a concerted effort not to exude bitterness. The first couple of days were hard; after all, I was fighting against an implacable (incapable) foe. But by the end of last week, I didn't have to try so hard.

That all came crashing down today. The Princess pawned her work off on me again because, apparently, multi-tasking is a dirty word to her. Mail was thrown, pens were tossed, and bitterness was released from wherever bitterness comes from. I am a psychic downer. I wake up each day with the hope that I will be fired. I have never collected unemployment and I'm hoping that today will be the day.

I'm sure you've noticed that this isn't the first time I have complained about my job and the royal pain who is making my life miserable. You're probably thoroughly bored with the whole thing and wish I would get a new job already and leave you in peace. Tough.

I am, in a lackadaisical sort of way, looking for a new job. I get weekly updates from Careerbuilder, and my dad carefully lays out the Jobs section of the Inquirer for me each Sunday. There were several jobs I was interested in applying for but have not done so yet. Why? Why because I'm extraordinarily lazy, of course! Don't you know me at all?

I'm sure you're confused. Why am I staying at a job that makes me miserable? Why aren't I making a better effort to get my resume out there? In a nutshell, my level of misery isn't high enough to motivate me. How much miserabler do I have to be? That depends on what next week's Jobs section looks like. Or how things go with my new work schedule kicking in full-force next week. Perhaps I will have a burst of energy and indiscriminately hurl my resume at passers-by, hoping that one of them will be a muckety-muck at some company that is looking for someone just like me. Most likely, I will continue to plod along and apply for a job or two a week; all the while complaining about how miserable my job makes me. Be sure to tune in; it'll be enormous fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment