14 January 2009

2 Minute Update

In the surprise move of the decade, the maintenance crew decided to get off their saggy asses and replace the padding in my sorely abused hallway. Forgive me if I don't sound super grateful, but those dudes work so fucking messy. My cats were attempting to eat carpet fluff all last night. They should buy me a year's supply of vacuum bags.

In entirely unrelated news, I ordered a new laptop this past weekend: the ASUS eeePC 1000HA. Quite the mouthful, no? It's one of those mini jobbies, but not too mini. It has a 10-inch screen as opposed to the 8.9-inch screen most minis have. I'm sad my ancient Dell couldn't be salvaged, but very excited about a new toy. I hope it's as awesome as I imagine.

Another news flash that has nothing to do with anything I've already written about today (that's awkward), one of my supervisors is spying on me. He thinks I don't know, but I do. The supervisors can check on us using the VNC, but certain things happen when they pull you up. For one, the icon turns from white to black. For two, the screen blinks. For three, and this may only be me, my wallpaper (super cute pic of my nephew) disappears. Not as sneaky as you think, Mr. Supervisor. I'm on to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment