02 January 2009

New Year, Same Shit

It is a good thing I'm not the kind of person who believes in signs and portents. Because when I got home from work on Wednesday night, my hallway and bathroom had flooded. Not too awful bad, but there was definitely wet carpet. AND, it stunk. Bleagh. So, happy new year!

If that weren't annoying enough, I got home from my parents' house yesterday and the hallway and bathroom were reflooded! And this was a whole other level. I stepped into the hallway and water oozed up around my sneaks. Squishsquishsquish, I made my way into the bathroom. Floor soaked, bathmat soaked. Wall punched and profanity yelled. The towels I had used to sop up the previous night's flood were still damp. And stinky. And brown. I don't want to know where this water is coming from. My upstairs neighbor says I should call L&I.

I went to the laundry room to throw the damp towels in the dryer. As much as it pained me to part with the quarters, I couldn't NOT try to sop up the mess. The quagmire, if you will. The laundry room was a disaster. It smelled awful. The drain cover was pried up and there was this brown sludge splattered across the floor. Pieces of sheetrock decorated the hot water heater. Considering I live right next to the laundry room; I don't feel very safe. One day that fucking thing is gonna blow and I'm gonna be homeless and pet-less. If those cuntrags blow up my cats, I'm gonna go on a rampage. I mean, where the hell is my rent going?

No comments:

Post a Comment