21 May 2009

Thursday Morning Randomness

I'm always a little suspicious when I wake up on a Thursday and feel refreshed. Thursdays are usually a grind for me. My day starts 2hrs earlier than the rest of the work week but I rarely, if ever, go to bed any earlier Wednesday nights.

This morning my alarm went off and I bolted out of bed. Perhaps it was the sunshiny nature of my bedroom that impelled me into panicked flight across the room to check the time. I blinked in disbelief when I saw that, yes, it was 6:30am and I was not late for work. In fact, I dawdled a fair amount this morning and still managed to get to work 20 minutes early.

Now I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Am I going to crash around lunch time? Will I need to mainline coffee just to make it to 5? If today follows this week's pattern, I'm in for a day that time forgot.

Side note: One of my supervisors, the sugar-pusher, brought in rootbeer barrels. It is hard to maintain a limited sugar intake when faced with the candy version of crack! Must. Stay. Strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment