27 May 2008

Shall I Go On?

The more I post, the more I wonder if this blogging thing is a truly good idea. I look at what I have posted so far, and part of me wants to take it all down and pretend like it never happened (much like Emily Gould) and I haven't even written anything especially incriminating. Sure, it's mildly embarassing to have my gaffes pointed out to me, but it's not going to kill me.

I think I was hoping that I would use this blog as a forum to explore topics that are of interest to me, and not just as a glorified journal. So far, not so much. Part of the problem may be that I loathe doing research. My thesis was a trial, despite being very interested in the subject matter; and I shudder to think what I'm going to do when/if I go to grad school.

We all know that you can pop a search term into Google, or Yahoo, or Dogpile, and get pages upon pages of results. All that lovely information, but how to determine what is worth having? It's the culling that tires me. The sifting, and determining, and ugh. How I managed to earn a degree is beyond me.

Now I have to make a choice: do I continue to expose myself online in a very personal, yet poorly researched manner? Or should I make more of an effort to come across as the educated woman that I am?

2 comments:

  1. Well, you know my position on the subject.

    Anything to drive those future anthropologists that much more insane.

    ReplyDelete