09 February 2009

No Time Like the First Time

Hey babies, thanks for reading, and I hope I don't disappoint. Now gather 'round children, it's time for today's Bout 'O Bitching! (In case you were wondering, yes Daddy is also a bit of a queen.) Today I'm going to rant a bit about a podcast that I listen to on a daily basis. And just to get it out of the way, yes I enjoy this program, it's just this one thing that pisses me off, not a condemnation of the entire show. Anyway, the podcast is called "Gay Pimpin' with Jonny McGovern". It's a really funny show that is targeted to teens and young adults. Thing is, while they are all about taking pride in yourself as a gay person and expressing yourself, the cast is so nasty when it comes to fat people. It's been mentioned several times when they discuss listener mail that they get questioned about why they are so mean about this. Every single time a nasty comment is made and the whole issue is made fun of. Maybe I'm being over-sensitive about this since I grew up as the fat kid, but I think that people who are making a show targeted to teens have a responsibility not to single out a group of people in a community that already has a very high suicide rate.

Anyway, I think I'll leave it here, since I'm getting perilously close to babble mode. Feel free to comment early and often.

No comments:

Post a Comment