10 February 2009

Past Sins and Present Woes

Someone please tell me what sin I'm paying for. Did I mistreat my Walkman? Was I a perpetrator of car stereo abuse? What did I DO?!?!

While I'm sad and frustrated at my inability to have wireless internet at my home, I believe that my IT guy feels worse. I just have to sit there and say "Oh, that sucks" or "It's totally got to be Comcast". He's the one poking around, trying to make my recalcitrant network actually work. I have faith that he will make it work.

On a completely unrelated note, I've gotten a couple of emails from my penpal. He's only received one of my letters so far, but seems pretty excited to get more.

On a less happy note, they laid more people off at work yesterday. I think I'm fairly secure, but these are uncertain times. Normally, it doesn't really bother me when people get booted (unless I like them), but this time I felt it. I decided to go home and drink a bit. One large vanilla screwdriver later, I was reasonably cheery.

No comments:

Post a Comment