27 March 2009

Boys Are Silly

My friend sent me a picture of her son the other day. He is sitting in his carseat, looking all super cute in his poofy coat and fleecy hat, and he is holding a box of tampons. You know how little kids are; they want to put their grubby hands all over everything. I'm sure it was endlessly fascinating for him and provided a moment of peace for his mom.

Since I love my nephew and believe everyone should be forced to coo over him (See? Who needs kids of their own?), I showed the picture around at work. My spying supervisor came over and I showed the picture to him. He asked, "What's he holding?" As soon as the word tampons left my mouth, he practically hurled the phone back at me. It was a picture of a box of tampons. How goofy can you get?

Seriously though, why are (some) guys so weird about tampons? I get that tampons perform an icky (if necessary) function, but it wasn't as though I was waving a used o.b. in front of his horrified face. An unused tampon is cotton and string, end of story. It's like being grossed out by a pair of pajama pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment