04 March 2009

Selections from the Trash Heap

It is truly amazing what you can recall with a tiny bit of prompting.

My dad sent me a link to an article on Salon about the demise of the 3-D View-Master. I, my mom, and my dad all had one when we were kids. My dad's was extra special because it came with a record to play as you ka-chunked your way around the View-Master disk. Fancy. I started thinking back to what stories I had for my View-Master. I seem to remember a Chip n Dale adventure, and maybe something with The Borrowers. But memory is a fickle thing and I could be totally wrong.

Thoughts of the Disney chipmunks led me to this gem: the theme song for Duck Tales. Yeah, that's right. The theme song for a show about Unca Scrooge, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. I watched that religiously everyday after school. That, and Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck. What? I like cartoons.

This thing that horrifies me is how much of the damn theme song I can remember.

"Life is like a hurricane,
Here in Duckburg.
Race cars, lasers (?), aeroplanes
It's a duck blur.
Might solve a mystery
Or rewrite history
Duck Tales! Woo-oo!"

AHHHHHHHH! Or how 'bout this one?

"They're tiny, they're toony
they're all a little looney
And in this cartoon-y
we're invading your TV!"

Or:

"It's time for Animaniacs!
And we're zany to the max!
So just sit back and relax
You'll laugh 'til you collapse!"

Grrrr.

Ironically enough, I have no recollection of the Rescue Rangers theme.

3 comments:

  1. i think it goes something like:

    chachacha chip n dale
    rescue rangers
    chachacha chip n dale
    when there's danger
    no, no, they never fail
    once they're involved
    whatevers wrong gets solved?

    maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no! i still got nothing. no tune, nada. and PLEASE don't help anymore! i don't want it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you say I need a consta shot?

    ReplyDelete