05 June 2008

Dish Thoughts

It is amazing the kind of thinking one can do while washing dishes. Especially when it's 3 days worth and some of it is caked with bacon grease and cheese and...never mind.

As you know, I've been wading in a pool of self-recrimination for a good part of the afternoon and evening. Despite my resolve not to dwell on any stupid or thoughtless comments I have made today, I am unequal to the challenge. That's how infatuation works, isn't it? The crazy-hopeful thoughts, the dizzy highs, and the inevitable muddy lows.

So, as I was scrubbing out my pots, I was contemplating what it is I like so much about my cyberboy. I've already outlined the brains and the humor but another thought occurred to me: I want to learn from him. I want to find out what he's passionate about and see if it is something I have been overlooking. I want him to educate me about his interests and hobbies; to show me how he thinks.

I know that I'm not going to be interested in all the things he is. We may disagree about the best way to spend a Saturday night, or whether or not an entire box of Kraft mac and cheese is an acceptable dinner, but that's OK. As we all know, not everyone likes all the same stuff - each cat its own rat, right? It's just that I have this crazy feeling that he could help me become a better person. Or it's the infatuation chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment