11 June 2008

Uncertainty Principle

For those of you who thought I was going to be talking Heisenberg and quantum mechanics, sorry.

I did something kind of ballsy the other day. I sent my cyberboy a message. I told him that I think he's "pretty fucking awesome" and I'd like to buy him a beverage. I did this Monday, in the early evening. As of Wednesday a.m., I have received no reply. I attempted to craft a message that would force some sort of reply, whether it be yea or nay, but I suppose it is possible that he would choose not to reply at all. Not the most polite thing to do, but it ultimately makes no difference.

Here's where the uncertainty comes in; I decided to check my sent messages. You know, on the off chance that I dithered over wording too long, my session timed out, and said message didn't go through. Sure enough, I have only one sent message and that one was from a week and a half ago. Now I have to decide if I assume the message went through and he opted not to reply, or if I send a follow-up message. I hate follow-up messages.

"Hey! I sent you a message a couple of days ago, uh, but I don't think it went through. So, uh, I thought I'd send you another message to see if you got the 1st one." Awkward, right?

Summation: I don't know if my message was received and whether I should send a follow-up. Should I just let it go and chalk it up to experience? Display some stalkerism and send another message? Thoughts?

Update: Message resent. Waiting begins. Belly rumbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment