18 June 2008

"Your execrable vanity is unpardonable."

I'm in kind of a strange place at work. For the last 6-8 months, I have been covering for our data entry supervisor. She finally made her reappearance at the end of May. I had a sit-down with the VP to see how things were going to go. The VP informed me that everything I had been doing would be transitioned piece-meal back to the DE sup. I'm thinking "Yes! I get to go back to my regular project and not have to deal with this annoying shit anymore!"

Now would probably be a good time to mention that I have some problems with the DE sup. She's barely competent, she treats everyone like her least favorite eunuch, and her perfume has been known to induce asthma attacks. I'll admit that I can be somewhat bossy, but I do my damnedest not to belittle and subjugate the people beneath me. I say please and thank you and never assume that my work is so much more important that anyone else's.

The transitioning is happening verrrrrrry slowly. Meanwhile, I have to deal with this annoying woman who alternates between lording over me like Princess My Shit Don't Stink, and running to my supervisors to whine about how she doesn't like my attitude. Tell you what, Princess, you're in the minority. Just because I'm not all fake smiles and sunshine like you are, doesn't mean I'm throwing you attitude. We are not friends. In fact, we are barely coworkers. You have no authority over me and quit acting like you do. Don't micromanage me one minute and then step back saying, "Well, I take care of the DE people; I assumed your supervisors took care of you." Oh wait, I forgot - as long as your ass is covered everyone else can go rot, right?

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Hilarious, you've got some balls KID.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have lovely hair. I'm the total package.

    ReplyDelete