19 June 2008

You're Not The Boss of Me!

My day has been relatively shitty so far. The Princess made another attempt to micromanage me this morning and the top of my head almost blew off. Considering the lack of sleep and serious overdose of caffeine I'm operating on, I don't even know if I mean that figuratively.

Apparently, last Friday, the packets I mailed to a pharmaceutical company got mislabeled. An email was sent to the project manager (who I am fine with, in case you were curious) and the PM sent and email to the Princess and me, asking who had put the packets together. I had, and I replied that I pulled the forms from the usual place and couldn't explain how the packets were sent to the wrong addresses. Well, the PM was as baffled as I, but didn't yell at me, or talk to me like I am 4 years old. That is why I'm OK with her.

A couple of minutes later I get an email from the Princess. I should mention that the Princess DOES NOT currently handle this project. She's supposed to, but she's not yet ready to take it back. Add this to the fact that she hasn't been retrained on the process, and you can see why I would think she should keep herself out of the situation, right? Nope. I get this:

Going forward please double check the Shipping Request Form before you take it to XXX; I don’t know if you have the form with the mailing information already typed out and saved down on your desk top, if so, can you make sure you update to the correct address shown below. Thank you.

And now I'm going to yell. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE PROCESS! DON'T ACT LIKE MY SUPERVISOR WHEN A) YOU'RE NOT, AND B) YOU WOULDN'T EVEN TALK TO ME WHEN YOU HAD A PROBLEM WITH MY BEHAVIOR! STOP ASSERTING YOUR NONEXISTENT AUTHORITY. I KNOW YOU'RE THREATENED BY MY COMPETENCE! End yelling.

I know that the email seems innocuous, but it's just another thing to add to my list. I can't stand passive-aggressive bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment