05 June 2008

Ugh

Some times I am so disappointed in myself.

Remember a couple of posts ago when I stated that it was easier to be witty and charming online? I was wrong.

Case in point: I made a comment - nothing super insightful or funny, but I went for a cutesy vibe and now I feel that I failed miserably.

I don't know why I'm obsessing so much. I shouldn't flatter myself into thinking that my internet friends think of me at all once they've finished scrolling by my comments. I know that, with a few exceptions, I don't. Does that stop me from fanatically refreshing the page? It does not.

I've been sitting at my desk for the last hour or so, feeling my insides contracting with the icky embarassment I'm wallowing in. Yes, I realize I should let it go. Didn't I just say that I didn't think my internet friends thought about me? Yes. That doesn't stop me from wanting them (specifically my cyberboy) to. In a positive manner, of course. I swear, I'm not an idiot. Really.

2 comments:

  1. Having read the things you've written thus far, I would take a leap of faith and say that a "cutesy vibe" is not your forte. Although I have been wrong before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, you're right. you should see me flirt - it's painful and funny.

    ReplyDelete